Change an attribute in the configuration properties to disable the trash bin in Files. It is enabled by default.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
Perform the following steps to disable trash bin in Files:
- Start the wsadmin client.
- Start the Files Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Files configuration files:
If you are asked to select a server, you can select any server.
- Check out the Files configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX® and Linux® only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Open files-config.xml.
- In the <personalFiles> element in the <recyclebin> section, specify the enabled attribute as false.
Files configuration properties