Enable or disable the synchronization of nodes in a deployment of IBM
About this task
You can enable the following types of synchronization from the Deployment Manager:
- Automatic synchronization – Updates occur on a schedule. This type of synchronization is enabled by default in network deployments
- Startup synchronization – Updates occur each time the server is started
To enable or disable synchronization, complete the following steps:
- Open the WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console on the system that hosts the Deployment Manager and click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Click the nodeagent link for the node for which you are enabling or disabling synchronization.
- In the Additional Properties section, click File synchronization service.
- Perform one of the following actions:
Click System Administration -> Node agents.
Select the check box of the node for which you are enabling or disabling synchronization, and click Restart.
- To turn on synchronization, select the Automatic synchronization and Startup synchronization check boxes.
- To turn off synchronization, clear the Automatic synchronization and Startup synchronization check boxes.
If you are turning synchronization on or off for more than one node, perform this step for each node.
Restart the Deployment Manager.
What to do next
To perform a full synchronization, see the Synchronizing nodes
Parent topic: Synchronizing nodes