Exporting application data from Lotus Connections 2.5Added by IBM | Edited by IBM on March 15, 2012 | Version 3 (Show original)
|As part of the migration process to IBM® Connections 3.0.1, export application artifacts, such as configuration data and content stores, from your 2.5 deployment.
As part of the migration process to IBM
® Connections 3.0.1, export application artifacts, such as configuration data and content stores, from your 2.5 deployment.
About this task
To export application data from your 2.5 deployment, complete the following steps:
- Perform a full synchronization of all the nodes in the cluster where Lotus® Connections 2.5 is deployed.
- Copy the IBM Connections 3.0.1 lotus_connections_root /migration directory to the Lotus Lotus Connections 2.5 installation directory on any node in the cluster. Ensure that you copy the migration directory to the same directory level as the ConfigEngine directory.
- Open a command prompt, change to the migration directory and run the following command:
The migration process can take a long time to complete, depending on the number and size of files in your content store directories. If the directories contain more than 1 GB of data, use the -DhandleData=false
parameter to bypass the export. You must then re-use the 2.5 content store directories for IBM
Connections 3.0.1; when you install 3.0.1 and you are prompted to select content store directories, specify those 2.5 directories.
- AIX or Linux:
- The lc-export command exports the following data:
- Content in the data directories for each application
- Configuration files in the LotusConnections-config directory. You can find this directory in a the following location:
- Properties files in the lotus_connections_root directory
- The migration tool collects data from all applications even when they are in different WebSphere® Application Server profiles. The location of each application is recorded in the config engine in the lotus_connections_root directory. After extracting the 2.5 data, the tool uses the same method to determine where the 3.0.1 applications are located and imports the data accordingly.
The exported data is stored in the migration
directory. Check the log file to validate the export. The log is stored in the system user's home directory, and uses the following naming format:
- AIX or Linux:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\lc-migration-20101215_1534_26.log
- Back up the migration directory to a location outside your 2.5 deployment.
What to do next
Continue with the next task in the migration process.
Parent topic: Migrating to IBM Connections 3.0.1 from version 2.5