Exporting bookmarks to a fileAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on March 15, 2012 | Version 6 (Show original)
|You can export bookmarks to a file that can then be imported into a browser or shared with someone who does not use Bookmarks.
You can export bookmarks to a file that can then be imported into a browser or shared with someone who does not use Bookmarks.
About this task
You must have created at least one bookmark to use this application. To export your bookmarks:
- From the My Bookmarks page, click More Actions -> Export My Bookmarks.
- Provide the following information for the export file:
|Access ||Select the type of bookmarks to export: Public, Private, Both public and private.|
|Network||Select the type of bookmarks to export: Internet, intranet, both Internet and intranet.|
|Tag Filter||Enter one or more tags to use as export filters. Only bookmarks associated with these tags are included in the export file.|
- Click Export.
- In the Export File window, select one of the following options:
Parent topic: Bookmarks overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
- Open With on Mozilla Firefox, or Open on Microsoft® Internet Explorer, to choose a program, such as a browser, with which to open the exported HTML file and view exported bookmarks.
- Save to Disk on Mozilla Firefox, or Save on Microsoft Internet Explorer, to save bookmarks in an HTML file that will be placed on your desktop.