Edit document properties, including custom document type properties. You can also replace the current version of the document.
About this task
Editing document properties and replacing the current version of the document are optional.
Perform these steps to edit document properties:
- Click the document title in any view to open its summary page.
- Click Edit properties.
- Edit the file name, title, and description.
- To replace the current document with a local version on your computer, in the Replace file field click Browse and locate the local version. Any property edits are then set for your version.
- In the Document type section click Change to change the document type. The default document type is the document type of the current folder. The selection of document types is specified on the ECM server. See Document types for more information on document types.
Note: This is only available with FileNet ECM servers.
- Select Show only required fields to display only required fields in the document type section.
- Select Show inline help text to display inline help text for fields in the document type section. Inline help provides information on how to fill in fields.
- Edit the properties. Required fields must have values. Required fields are marked with an asterisk, for example: *Sales Date
- Perform one of the following steps:
Parent topic: Using custom libraries
- Click Check In to upload the file and make it available to library users.
- Click Save as Draft to upload the file as a draft. Only you can see and work with drafts until you check them in. To check in a draft, open the file summary page for the draft and click Check In.