Important: This documentation provides steps for installing the 188.8.131.52 refresh version of the portlets, which provides a portlet application archive (PAA) so that the installation is automated using the Portal Solution Installer. There is also a section that describes how to manually install the 184.108.40.206 package.
Installing the 220.127.116.11 version makes the following portlets available to your portal users:
- Activities – Collaboration tool for collecting, organizing, sharing, and reusing work related to a project goal.
- Blogs – Online journals you can use to deliver timely information with a personal touch.
- Bookmarks – Social bookmarking tool that you can use to save, organize, and share Internet and intranet bookmarks.
- Tags – Meaningful keywords you can use to find associated content.
- Profiles – Directory of colleagues you can use to build a network and locate expertise.
- Wikis – Repository for sharing and collaborating on pages of interest to your group.
- Forums – View and contribute to discussion topics.
- Community Overview – View basic community information like the description, tags, and community owners. Perform basic community actions from the portlet.
- Blogs Summary – Choose a view to see a snapshot of recent, latest, or featured blog activity
- Profiles Summary – View a summary of information about your colleagues.
- Forums Summary – View a list of forums that you can access.
- Bookmarks Summary – View a list of bookmarks you can access.
You can also deploy community pages, which are portal pages associated with communities from IBM
Connections communities. Portlets on community pages are automatically scoped to the community membership and display content from the community in the portlets. For example, if your community contains a forum, adding the forum portlet to a community page lets portal users view and interact with the forum content from a Portal application.
If you are running on Portal 8 servers or IBM Connections 4, make sure you are using the 18.104.22.168 refresh version of the IBM Connections portlets.
If you are installing the 22.214.171.124 version of IBM Connections Portlets for IBMWebSphere
® Portal, you must uninstall any previous versions of the portlets before you install. Upgrading from previous versions is not supported.
Parent topic: Installing plug-ins