Use this plug-in to post your own status and view the status for colleagues in your network from your Lotus Notes
Before you begin
This plug-in is supported on Lotus Notes
clients, starting with release 8.5.1. For the details on supported configurations, see the download page for this plug-in on the IBM
® Connections catalog: https://greenhouse.lotus.com/catalog
When you install this plug-in on the Lotus Notes
client, you must configure Notes
® to recognize the IBM
Connections servers before deploying the Status Updates plug-in. For details on configuring the servers, see the Configuration section of the Notes Integration
article in the IBM
About this task
After completing the configuration changes, follow these instructions to install or uninstall the IBM
Connections Status Updates plug-in as a sidebar application.
- Download the plug-in from the IBM Connections catalog web site:
- Extract the compressed file.
The compressed file contains both an Add-on installer and an Update Site package (updatesite.zip). The Add-on installer is supported on the Windows™ platform only. The Update Site is supported for all supported platforms (Windows, Linux™, and Mac).
- To install the Status Updates plug-in using the Add-on installer for Windows, click the setup.exe file from the extracted package.
Follow the instructions provided by the installation wizard to install the plug-in.
- To install the IBM Connections Status Updates plug-in using the Update Site package:
- Log in as the administrator.
- Click File -> Application -> Install
Note: If you do not see this menu option, contact your Lotus Notes administrator.
- Select Search for new features to install.
- Select Add Zip/Jar Location and browse for the updatesite.zip file within the StatusUpdatesAddonInstaller folder.
- Expand the components in the package and select the Business Card 3.0.1_<timestamp> and Status Updates 3.0.1_<timestamp> entries from the list of options and install the plug-ins.
You are presented with a series of dialog boxes asking you to confirm that you want to install the plug-ins. For each one, select Install this plug-in and continue with the installation.
- After the installation process is finished, restart the Lotus Notes client.
What to do next
You can configure the interval for refreshing the content of status updates by changing the value of com.ibm.lconn.statusupdates/refresh.rate.in.minutes
in the plugin_customization.ini
file. For example:
The default refresh interval is 15 minutes. You can increase the interval by specifying a higher interval in minutes. You can also decrease the refresh interval, but if you set a value of 1 - 4 minutes, the refresh interval will remain at 5 minutes. To turn off the refresh interval, set the value to 0.
If the IBM
Connections server either resides in the Siteminder SSO environment, or the IBM
Connections server has forceConfidentialCommunication enabled in the LotusConnections-config.xml file, the user will see broken profile photos in the Status Updates list view. Test for this before you deploy Status Updates. To correct it, add the following line to the plugin_customization.ini
Parent topic: IBM Connections Status Updates Plug-in for Lotus Notes