As a community owner, it is your responsibility to manage community membership. For example, you might occasionally need to change the role of a community member if you want to increase or restrict the changes that they can make to community content. Or, if a community member is not an active contributor and no longer needs to be a member of the community, you might want to consider removing them from the membership list.
Before you begin
You must be a community owner to edit membership roles. To remove someone from the membership of a community, you must the community owner or the member who is being removed.
Community members can remove themselves from a community's membership by selecting Community Actions
-> Leave Community
when they are logged in to the community.
To manage community membership, complete the following steps.
- From the My Communities tab, click a community to open its Overview page.
If you are not already logged in, you are prompted to do so.
- Click Members in the navigation pane and do one of the following.
- To change a membership role:
- Click Edit next to the member whose role you want to change.
- Select a role and click Save.
- To delete a member:
- Click Remove next to the member that you want to remove.
- Click OK to confirm your change.
Members receive an email notification to let them know about any change in their membership status.
Exporting community membershipParent topic: Managing your communities
How do I add community members?
You can export the membership of a community to a comma-separated value (CSV) file that lists members by their email address.