Managing member permissions allows you to add members and assign permissions to your blog.
Before you begin
You must be a blog owner to manage members.
If your blog is a community blog, you must manage permissions for the blog from the community.
About this task
Do the following to manage member permissions for your blog.
Parent topic: Blogs overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
- From the My Blogs page, click Settings for the blog you want to edit.
- Click Authors.
- Change the permission or remove any member listed for the blog.
- Click Add members to add a member to your blog.
If your blog is a community blog, you must manage permissions for the blog from the community. You are redirected back to the community to manage membership.
- Select a permission for the member.
- Owner permission allows user to post entries, manage the blog and its users.
- Author permission allows user to post entries, but not to manage the blog.
- Draft permission allows user to save draft entries only.
- Type a member's name or email address and select the matching name from the name list to add a member.
- Save any changes that you made to your blog permissions.
Blogs roles and permissions
What you can do with blog settings or content depends on what role you are assigned.
Resigning from a blog
If you no longer want to participate in a blog, you can resign from it. You cannot resign if you are the one and only blog owner.