Centrally manage blog entries and comments for a moderated blog before the content is published to a blog, or when the published content is updated.
About this task
If moderation is enabled for Blogs, moderators can review and approve comments and entries from a central location. You can configure who has the right to review and approve content through the J2EE moderator role in the WAS admin console. All users assigned the J2EE moderator role can manage entries and comments for all blogs on the site. You can also configure who has the right to review and approve content with a setting in the contentreview-config.xml
file as follows:
- If ownerModerate=true in contentreview-config.xml, all owners can moderate the blogs they own.
- If ownerModerate=false in contentreview-config.xml, only users assigned the J2EE moderator role can manage entries and comments for all blogs on the site.
- From the Blogs home page, click the Moderation tab.
- Click the Entry Approval or the Comment Approval link in the navigation pane to review entries or comments.
The following tabbed views let you review and manage content:
- All displays all entries or comments for the site.
- Require Approval display entries or comments awaiting your action.
- Published displays all entries or comments published to a blog.
- Rejected displays all entries or comments not approved for publishing to a blog.
- To filter the list of entries or comments in any of the views, do one of the following and then press Filter.
From the Require Approval tab, select one or more item and choose an action:
- Enter a tag and click the search icon to search for contents associated with that tag.
- Enter a start and end date to display content entered in that range.
Parent topic: Moderating blog content
- Publish makes the content available in the blog.
- Reject moves the content to the Rejected state. The blog owner or the author of the entry or comment can edit the content and resubmit for approval.
- Delete permanently removes the content from the blog.