Managing your community blogAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on March 15, 2012 | Version 3 (Show original)
|After you add a blog to a community, you can manage access to the blog, hide the blog, or remove it from the community.
After you add a blog to a community, you can manage access to the blog, hide the blog, or remove it from the community.
Before you begin
You must be a community owner to edit, hide, or remove a community blog, or to change the blog membership.
About this task
When you first create a community blog, all members of the community are granted author access by default. Depending on your community, you might want to change the access level for your members. Note that access is always community-wide. Community owners are always blog owners and have full access to post entries as well as to manage the blog and its users. All other community members can have one of the following roles:
Table 1. Community blog roles
|Author||Allows user to post entries, but not to manage the blog. Users with this role can also edit and delete other users' entries.|
|Draft||Allows user to save draft entries only.|
|Viewer||Allows users to read blog posts but not to contribute to the blog.|
In addition to managing access to the community blog, you can also hide blog activity or delete the blog from the community.
Parent topic: Using a community blog
Managing community membership
Creating a blog for your community
Working with community widgets
- You can perform the following management tasks for a community blog:
Note: You must be logged in to IBM® Connections to perform management tasks for your community blog.
- To edit basic information about the blog, select Community Actions -> Edit Community at the top of the Overview page and click the Blog tab. Alternatively, select Edit from the widget action menu.
You must be logged in to the community to access the Community Actions
- Edit any of the basic information about the blog, such as its title, description, or tags.
- Change whether all community members have author, draft, or viewer membership.
- Choose whether comments added to the blog are moderated.
Moderated comments are saved into a draft state until you approve them for posting to the blog.
- Click Submit when you are ready to save your changes.
- To add or remove a blog member, you need to add or remove that person from the community membership.
You can do this on the community's Members page. For more information about changing community membership, see Managing community membership.
- You can also perform the following management tasks from the community Overview page by clicking the Actions icon in the Blog widget title bar and selecting from the menu that displays: in the Blog widget title bar and selecting from the menu that displays:
- To move the Blog widget up or down the Overview page, choose Move Up or Move Down as appropriate.
- To hide the blog, choose Hide and confirm that you want to temporarily remove the blog from the community.
When you are ready to resume blog activity, select Community Actions -> Customize and add the blog back from the Hidden section of the content palette. All the content is restored.
- To remove the blog and all its content, choose Remove and confirm that you want to permanently remove the blog.