Migrate from a production installation of Lotus Connections 2.5 to IBM Connections 3.0.1.
Before you begin
Ensure that your environment meets the hardware and software requirements for IBM
® Connections 3.0.1. For more information, see the IBM Connections 3.0.1 system requirements
If you are migrating from a 2.5 stand-alone deployment and you installed the applications on different IBM WebSphere
® Application Server profiles, the 3.0.1 migration tool will automatically migrate the applications correctly to your new 3.0.1 deployment. The topology is transparent to the migration process.
If you are deploying version 3.0.1 on a different system from version 2.5, you do not need to uninstall Lotus
® Connections 2.5.
About this task
The following recommended migration strategy minimizes the downtime of your production environment.
- Install the supporting software (including IBM WebSphere Application Server 7) on new hardware.
- Stop Lotus Connections 2.5.
- Update your databases to version 3.0.1.
- Export your Lotus Connections 2.5 data.
- Complete the relevant Pre-installation tasks.
Note: Do not complete the Pre-installation tasks for creating databases or populating the Profiles database. The migration process handles those tasks separately.
- Install IBM Connections 3.0.1 and migrate your Lotus Connections 2.5 configuration settings and content stores to version 3.0.1.
- Update your IBM Connections URLs to point to the new deployment.
There are several procedures required to migrate your deployment and your migration strategy determines which procedures you need to follow. Whatever strategy you decide to follow, you need to complete the steps described in this task.
To migrate your Lotus
Connections 2.5 deployment to version 3.0.1, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: Updating and migrating
Saving your customizations
Updating to IBM Connections 3.0.1 from version 3.0
Updating IBM Connections 3.0.1
Preparing IBM Connections for maintenance
Backing up IBM Connections
Migrating IBM Connections applications
IBM Connections system requirements
- Advise users about any possible outages and prepare to stop Lotus Connections 2.5. For more information, see the Preparing IBM Connections for maintenance topic.
- Back up your current deployment. For more information, see the Backing up IBM Connections topic.
- Update your databases to version 3.0.1. For more information, see the Updating databases topic.
- Migrate Lotus Connections 2.5 to IBM Connections 3.0.1.
- Perform any applicable post-migration tasks. For more information, see the Post-migration tasks topic.