You can move an entry to a new location in the same activity or to a different activity. Move an entry when you want to add it to a section, group it with related entries, or sort entries in a specific sequence.
Before you begin
Owners can move any entry. Authors can move their own entries only. To move an entry to a different activity, you also must be an author or owner of the destination activity. If you move an entry to another activity and the members of the original activity are not members of the other activity, they will lose access to the entry.
When you move an entry within the current activity, you can move it using either the menu or by dragging and dropping the entry. If you move an entry that has one or more responses, using either method, its responses move with it. You cannot drag and drop entry responses. When you drag and drop an entry, you can only drop the entry above or below another entry; you cannot drop it below an entry's responses to turn it into a response.
About this task
To move an entry, complete the following steps:
- From the My Activities view, open an activity and then scroll to the entry that you want to move.
- Do one of the following:
- To move the entry to a different activity, click More Actions -> Move.
Note: If you cannot see the More Actions link, your view may be collapsed. Click the entry title to expand the entry.
- From the Move to Activity tab, select an activity from the list, and then click Move.
Note: When moving an entry to another activity, you cannot specify where you want the entry to be positioned in the other activity. Later, you can open the other activity and move the entry within it as a separate step.
- To move the entry to a section in the current activity, hover over the entry until the drag handle is displayed . Hover over the drag handle until the cursor changes from a pointer into a cross hair , and then drag the entry onto the section.
- To position the entry after another entry in the current activity, hover over the entry that you want to move until the drag handle is displayed. Hover over the drag handle until the cursor changes from a pointer into a cross hair, and then drag the entry below the other entry.
Parent topic: Working with entries
Copying an entry
- What does it mean if no drag handle is displayed when you hover over an entry? If a drag handle is not displayed, then you do not have the appropriate level of access to drag the entry.
- Are you unsure about where you can drop an entry? A bold horizontal line is displayed when you drag the entry to an area where it can be dropped.