Moving forums to the trashAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on March 15, 2012 | Version 3 (Show original)
|Use administrative commands to move one or more forums to the Trash view.
Use administrative commands to move one or more forums to the Trash view.
Before you begin
To run administrative commands, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
Parent topic: Managing forum trash
Getting a list of forums
Purging forum trash on a schedule
Purging specific forum content from the trash
Restoring deleted forum content
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the Deployment Manager:
is the WebSphere
® Application Server installation directory and <dm_profile_root>
is the Deployment Manager profile directory, typically dmgr01.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly. For more information, see Starting the wsadmin client
- Start the Forums Jython script interpreter using the following command:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored.
- To move forums to the trash, first generate a variable containing the forums that you want to delete, and then delete the forums associated with that variable as follows.
- Create a variable that contains the forum or forums that you want to delete.
You can get a list of forums in hash table format using one of the fetchForums() commands. See Getting a list of forums
for more information about the commands.
- Enter the following command to delete the forum or forums:
where you specify the forum or forums that you want to delete as the forums
parameter. This parameter maps to the variable that you created in the previous step.
For example, if a person leaves the organization and you want to delete a forum owned by them, you use the following commands to generate a variable containing the forum and then delete the forum associated with that variable.