Connect with the people in your organization by commenting on a colleague's status message or posting a message to their board.
Before you begin
You must be logged in to Profiles to post a message or comment to someone's profile.
Your administrator controls who can write on a person's board. When you view another person's profile, if you do not see the option to post a message or comment in the Board
area of the page, then you do not have access to write on that person's board.
About this task
Every Profiles user has a message board area on their profile page that displays their most recent status messages. You can communicate with your colleagues by posting a message or comment directly to their profile. The profile owner receives an email notification to let them know whenever a new message or comment is posted to their profile.
- To post a message to another user's board:
To post a comment to another user's board:
- On the person's profile page, click inside the message field at the top of the Board area, where Write a message on this profile board is displayed.
- Enter your message, and then click Post Message.
Parent topic: What is the Board?
Removing messages or comments from the board
Updating your status message
- Locate the message or comment to which you want to respond and do one of the following:
- If you are responding to a message, click Add comment under the message.
- If you are responding to a comment, click Write another comment under the comment.
- Enter your reply in the field provided, and then click Post Comment.