If you have not already recommended a blog posting, you can do so by sending a request to the web address of the recommendations collection for the blog posting.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
Table 1. Atom API request details
|POST||None||Value of the href attribute of the <app:collection> element that has a child <title> element with a value of Recommendations in the blog entry.||None|
To recommend a blog entry, complete the following steps:
- You can only recommend an entry once. To find out whether you have already recommended an entry, retrieve a list of the people who have recommended the entry and see if your name is included. See Getting a list of recommenders for more details. Alternatively, complete the following steps:
- Retrieve an entries feed that contains the entry. See Getting a feed of the latest posts added to all blogs or Getting a feed of recent posts for a blog for more information.
- Find the Recommendations collection element for the entry, and then look for a <app:accept/> element. If this element is present, you have already recommended this entry and cannot do so again. If no <app:accept/> is present, you have not recommended the entry yet. For example, the Recommendations collection for an entry that you have not recommended would look as follows:
<app:categories fixed="yes" />
- To recommend the entry, send an empty POST request to the web address listed as the href of the app:collection.
Returned HTTP Header
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the recommendation was successfully created. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Error codes
Parent topic: Working with recommendations
Getting a list of recommenders
Getting a feed of the latest posts added to all blogs
Getting a feed of recent posts for a blog
- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad request: The user has already recommended the entry.
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found: Either the weblog or the entry is not found.