Join in a discussion by responding to forum topics that interest you.
Before you begin
Anyone can respond to a discussion topic in a stand-alone forum, you just need to have access to the Forums application. You must be a community member to respond to a topic in a community forum.
To respond to a discussion topic, complete the following steps.
- Open the forum topic to which you want to respond.
The original discussion topic displays, with a list of the responses to it.
- Click Reply under the section of the thread to which you want to respond.
- Optional: To change the title of your response, click Edit Title and enter a title in the field provided.
- Enter your response in the rich text field provided.
- To attach a file to your response, click Attach a File and browse for a file.
- Click Save to save your reply.
If forum topics are moderated in your deployment, your response will not display immediately. The forum moderator must approve its content first. If content moderation is not enabled, then the topic response displays immediately.
Parent topic: Forums overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Using the rich text editor
Adding forum topics
Deleting responses to forum topics
Working with attachments