To retrieve a community file that is waiting to be approved, use the link element found in the file entry.
You can use this operation to obtain file entry information that you want to preserve prior to performing an update. See Updating a community file awaiting approval
for more information. This method returns the Atom entry of a single file entry as opposed to a feed of all the files.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To retrieve a community file that is awaiting approval, complete the following steps:
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieving the Files moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, locate the workspace with the <category term="documents-moderation" .../> child element, and then find the collection with the <atom:category term="approval-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the entry that you want to retrieve, and make a note of the web address in the href attribute of the <link> element with the following rel attribute value:
Send a GET request to the URL that you noted in the previous step.
- To get the Atom document of the file: rel="edit"
- To download the file itself: rel="enclosure"
Table 1. Atom API request details
|GET||file entry||Value of the href attribute of <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the Entry Approval feed.||file entry|
|GET||binary file||Value of the href attribute of <link rel="enclosure"> element of each entry in the Flagged Entries feed.||binary file|
An Atom entry document containing the file or the file itself.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the file was successfully found and returned. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Content-Type: application/atom+xml
Indicates that the document returned contains data in Atom format.Errors
Parent topic: Working with community files that are awaiting approval
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found