From a Microsoft
® Word document, you can search on peoples names to find their profile. You can insert data from a profile into a document.
Before you begin
You must be configured to use Profiles to use this feature. See the topic Configuring IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
for more details.
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
- Open a Word document and click in the document where you want to insert profile data.
- Click Connections above the editing area (Office 2003) or the Connections ribbon (Office 2007 and Office 2010) and select Insert Profile Data.
- Type a name into the name field and click search to see all possible matches.
- Select the profile that you want.
- Select one or more fields and click Insert to insert the profile data into the document.