Search your company directory to find profiles by contact information, location, tag, experience, technical knowledge, training, or interest.
About this task
You can perform a directory search when you want to search multiple profile fields at the same time. Using the company directory allows you to perform a more targeted search than a quick search, which searches against a single field at a time. The more values that you provide in the fields, the narrower the search results become.
Your administrator can add or remove fields from the Search the Directory
form to suit the needs of your organization. Because of this capability, the fields that display in the form can vary.
- To access the Search the Directory form, open the Directory page in Profiles. Alternatively, click the Down arrow next to the Search field and select Directory Search.
- Do one of the following.
- To search for a specific profile:
To perform an advanced search based on multiple search terms:
- Enter a name in the field provided. As you start typing, results from your company directory are displayed automatically. When you see the name that you want, click it to open that person's profile.
Parent topic: Searching profiles
Performing an advanced search
Viewing the search results
Performing a quick search
- Click Display full search options.
- Enter a value into one or more of the following fields.
Table 1. Directory search fields
|Field name||What to enter|
|Keyword||Enter a keyword to find people whose profile contains that keyword.|
|Display Name||Type the full name of the person that you want to find.|
|First Name||Type a given name.|
|Last Name||Type a family name.|
|Tags||Enter keywords to search for people based on their tags.|
|Job Title||Type a job title to find the profiles of people who perform that job function.|
|About Me||Type keywords that describe the type of skills and experience that you are looking for.|
|Background||Type keywords that describe the kind of background that you are interested in.|
|Organization or Company||Type the name of an organization or company to find the profiles of employees.|
|City||Enter a city to find the profiles of people who work at that location.|
|State||Enter a state to find the profiles of people who work at that location.|
|Country||Type a country to find the profiles of people who work at that location.|
|E-mail Address||Type a business email address. This option is not available when the configuration prevents email addresses from being displayed.|
|Phone Number||Type a telephone number. This field searches all five phone number fields in a person's profile.|
- To include users who have left the organization in your search, select Include inactive users in search results.
- Click Search to submit your search query.