Send a batch email inviting multiple people to join your community using the import tool on the Members page. You can invite people to join only as regular members of a community; you cannot invite them to join as owners of the community.
Before you begin
To send a batch email inviting people to join a community, you must be a community owner or the member of a public community.
You can only use the import tool to invite a group of people to join your community when email is configured to be displayed for your deployment. If your administrator has configured email to be hidden, then the Import Members
button does not display in the user interface. There is no set limit on the number of members that you can invite to join a community. However, you might be limited by the amount of available memory on the server.
You cannot resend or revoke batch community invitations using the options available on the Invitations
tab on the Members page.
To invite multiple people to join a community, complete the following steps.
- Open the Members page of the community that you want to invite people to join.
- Click Import Members.
- Select Invite people to the community.
- Do one of the following:
- To invite people using their email addresses:
- Select Enter comma-separated email addresses.
- Enter the email addresses of the people that you want to invite, and click Import.
Important: The email address format must match the format of the profile records in the LDAP directory or Profiles database. If you use an invalid email address, that is, one that does not match the format used in the profile records, an error is displayed in the user interface.
To invite people using email details in a comma-separated value (CSV) file:
Parent topic: Inviting people to join a community
- Click Select a CSV file of email addresses.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV file containing the email addresses of the people who you want to invite, and then click Import.