Edit configuration property settings to configure the maximum number of files that can be uploaded to a single forum post.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the IBM
® Application Server wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
for information about how to start the wsadmin command-line tool.
About this task
You can control space on the server by editing settings in the forum-config.xml
file to limit the number of attachments that users can upload to a forum post.
To configure the maximum number of attachments that can be uploaded to a single post, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Managing file attachments in Forums
Applying property changes in Forums
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the Deployment Manager:
is the WebSphere
Application Server installation directory and <dm_profile_root>
is the Deployment Manager profile directory, typically dmgr01.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Forums Jython script interpreter.
- Use the following command to access the Forums configuration files:
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored.
- Check out the Forums configuration files using the following command:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command will not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is required. It is also case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, you can determine it by typing the following command in the wsadmin command processor:
- Open the forum-config.xml file using a text editor.
- Edit the <max-number-attachment-per-post> element in the <objectStore> section of the file to set the maximum number of attachments that can be uploaded per post.
For example, to set the maximum number of attachments per post to 6, you edit the file as follows:
You can also set the file size limits per mime type using the sizeLimits setting.
- Save your changes and close the forum-config.xml file.
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in, and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying property changes in Forums for information about how to save and apply your changes.