Set the default selection in the list of object types users can choose from when adding a media gallery to their community. The selection determines whether the media gallery will contain photos only, videos only, or photos and videos. All three options are always available; this property only controls which one is selected by default. For example, if your media galleries will only display photos you could set the default Photos only
, and then users won't have to select it when they add a media gallery to their community. This is optional.
About this task
When a user opens their community and clicks Community Actions
, and then adds a media gallery to the community, they see a dialog. In the Use the media gallery to show
section of that dialog they can select the object types they want the media gallery to show: photos only, videos only, or both photos and videos. You can configure the default selection in this list.
- Check out and open widgets-config.xml. See Using the widgets-config.xml file for Communities.
- Specify the value attribute of the <item name="mg_typesToShow" value="photos_and_videos" /> element to be one of the following:
Check in widgets-config.xml.
- photos_and_videos: The Photos and videos option will be selected by default.
- photos: The Photos only option will be selected by default.
- videos: The Videos only option will be selected by default.
Parent topic: Configuring media galleries
Using the widgets-config.xml file for Communities
Media gallery widget widgets-config.xml definition