To create custom IBM
® Directory Integrator scripts using the IBM
Connections Profiles Tivoli
Directory Integrator connectors, you must specify the solution directory to use when starting your Tivoli
Directory Integrator Configuration Editor.
About this task
Setting the solution directory gives you access to the custom Tivoli
Directory Integrator connectors contained in the Profiles Tivoli
Directory Integrator solution directory without the need to copy additional resources or JAR files between directories. You should either install an extra copy of the Profiles Tivoli
Directory Integrator solution directory specifically for Tivoli
Directory Integrator script development, or set up the Configuration Editor to use your main solution directory so that it can share configuration settings.
When you use the Profiles Tivoli
Directory Integrator connectors, you do not have to copy JAR files around using Tivoli
Directory Integrator 7.0 FP4. Fix pack 4 allows the JARs to be placed in the solution directory.
- To configure your development environment so that you can use the Tivoli Directory Integrator connectors for Profiles, complete the following steps.
- To help you keep resources organized, create the following directory structure for your files:
- Create a root container directory named <version>/, where <version> is the version number and date that indicates what copy of the Profiles solution is contained in the directory. For example: C:\TDIProject\20100910
- Under the root container directory, create the following subdirectories:
When you start the Configuration Editor, specify the location of the Profiles TDI solution directory using the -s command-line option as follows:
- <version>/TDISOL. This directory contains the Profiles Tivoli Directory Integrator solution. The solution files are a copy of the files in the tdisol.zip file shipped by the IBM Connections install. For example: C:\TDIProject\20100910\TDISOL
- <version>/workspace. This directory is for storing your custom scripts and projects. For example: C:\TDIProject\20100910\workspace
Note: If you are creating your own Tivoli Directory Integrator project, you might have already created a workspace because the Tivoli Directory Integrator Configuration Editor is Eclipse-based. However, to make it easier for you to manage your code, create a new workspace directory in the <version> directory so that you can store your own project together with the Tivoli Directory Integrator solution.
When you are prompted to specify a workspace in the Configuration Editor, select a workspace that is in the same location as your solution directory, using the structure described above.
<tdi_install_dir>/ibmditk -s <version>/TDISOL
- <tdi_install_dir> is the name of the directory where you installed Tivoli Directory Integrator.
- <version>/TDISOL is the subdirectory that you created in the previous step.
C:\Program Files\IBM\TDI\V7.0/ibmditk -s C:\TDIProject\20100910\TDISOL
For example: C:\TDIProject\20100910\workspace
You now have a Tivoli
Directory Integrator solution environment that can use the Profiles Tivoli
Directory Integrator connectors.
What to do next
Refer to the connector-specific documentation listed below for more details about each connector. Scripts created in this environment can be executed from the Configuration Editor in the same way as standard Tivoli
Directory Integrator assembly lines.
Parent topic: Developing custom Tivoli Directory Integrator assembly lines for Profiles
Using the ProfileConnector
Using the PhotoConnector
Using the PronunciationConnector
Using the CodesConnector
Customizing the logic used for the delete operation
Creating an iterator connector
Creating a lookup connector