® Connections Activities portlet lets you view and create activities, and work with to do items.
Using the Activities portlet
The Activities portlet lets you interact with the IBM
Connections Activities features so you can use activities to organize your collaborative work without leaving your IBM WebSphere
® Portal environment.
The Activities Detail portlet has two views, My Activities
and To Dos List
The My Activities
view displays activities that you created or that you belong to. From the My Activities
view you can:
- Click Start an Activity to create a new activity. Assign it a title and optionally enter a description, goal, or tags. Add members for your activity and save it to add it to your list.
- Click Completed to view completed activities.
- Click High priority to view activities that are flagged as needing your immediate attention.
- Click Medium priority to view activities that are not as pressing.
- Sort the view by clicking the column header for Last Updated or by Due Date.
Click an activity name to open it. From the activity you can do the following:
- Click Add to do item to create a to do. You can assign it to yourself or to another user. You can also optionally assign a priority, due date, tags, and a description.
- Click Add Entry to add an entry to the activity.
- Click Add Section to create a section to keep your activity organized.
- Respond to a to do item by marking it complete, or click More to add a comment, edit, or delete the to do.
- If you are the activity owner, click Members to add members to the activity. You can assign a member owner, author, or reader access.
- View emails and chat transcripts saved to the activity. Comment on this content or create associated to do items.
Editing the shared settings for the Activities portlet
You must have at least editor access for the page and for the portlet to be able to edit shared settings for Connections features. For more information on access levels, see the WebSphere
Portal Information Center. Note that settings you enter on this page can be overridden by settings on the Personalize
page for a portlet. Choose Edit Shared Settings
from the portlet menu and choose which view to display in the portlet:
Configuring the Activities portlet
You must have administrative access to the portlet to be able to configure it. Choose Configure
from the portlet menu and configure these options:
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections 184.108.40.206 Portlets for WebSphere Portal
|Display icon to open IBM Connections in a browser window||Display an icon that opens IBM Connections in a browser so users can fully access the application.|
|Display link to open IBM Connections in a browser window ||Activity title links to open the recent updates page for that activity in a browser window.|
|Display page controls only in bottom bar||Hides the page controls at the top of the window. Clear the checkbox to display paging controls at the top as well as the bottom of the page.|