Before you begin
Before applying updates, back up your databases. For more information, see the Backing up IBM Connections
About this task
Follow these steps to update your Lotus
Connections 2.5 databases to IBM
Connections 3.0.1 databases.
As an alternative to using the wizard, you can update the databases manually. For more information, see the Updating 2.5 databases manually
To update your databases with the database wizard, complete the following steps:
- Stop the IBM WebSphere® Application Server instances that are hosting Lotus Connections 2.5.
- Optional: If the database servers and Lotus Connections are on different systems, copy the 3.0.1 database wizard to the system that hosts your Lotus Connections databases.
- Log in as the database administrator.
- (DB2® on Windows® 2008 64-bit) On Windows 2008, you must perform DB2 administration tasks with full administrator privileges.
- Logged in as the instance owner, open a command prompt and change to the DB2 bin directory. For example: C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN.
- Enter the following command: db2cwadmin.bat. This command opens the DB2 Command Line Processor while also setting your DB2 privileges.
- Change to the directory where the database wizard is stored. The default location is the Wizards directory on the installation media.
Note: (AIX® and Linux® only) Ensure that the database administrator has all permissions for the Lotus Connections Wizards directory.
- Enter the following command and then click Next:
Select the Upgrade task and click Next.
Specify the database type, database instance, and the installation location, and then click Next. The wizard detects the current database version.
- AIX or Linux: ./dbWizard25.sh
- Windows: dbWizard25.bat
Note: For an Oracle database on Windows 2008 64-bit, enter the value of the ORACLE_HOME registry key. For example, the key for Oracle 11g on Windows 2008 64-bit is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\Key_OraDb11g_home1 and the value is C:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1.
Select the databases that you want to update and click Next:
- Activities: OPNACT
- Blogs: BLOGS
- Communities: SNCOMM
- Bookmarks: DOGEAR
- Files: FILES
- Home page: HOMEPAGE
- Profiles: PEOPLEDB
- Wikis: WIKIS
Note: The database wizard disables the selection of any applications that were not released in Lotus Connections 2.5. If any application databases were created in an earlier release of Lotus Connections than release 2.5, update that database using the Lotus Connections 2.5 database wizard.
If you are updating the Blogs, Communities, or Home page database, provide the database port, administrator ID, and administrator password for the database.
Review the Pre Configuration Task Summary to ensure that the values you entered are correct. If you want to change any values, click Back to edit the value. To continue, click Update.
- If you are updating the Communities database, note that the wizard creates a Forums database.
- (Oracle only) The database wizard presents two options for password selection. Choosing either option leads to an error if your Oracle environment does not use the same password for all schema user IDs. To avoid this error, modify your schema user IDs to use the same password. When the migration process is complete, restore the original passwords.
Note: Click Show detailed database commands to preview SQL and JAR files. Click View SQL to preview each SQL script before it is executed. Click View JAR to open the directory that contains the JAR files for database migration.
After the update task finishes, review the Post Configuration Task Summary panel and, if necessary, click View Log to open the log files directory. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
What to do next
on System z
® only.) To improve database performance, enable the NO FILE SYSTEM CACHING option. For more information, see the Enabling NO FILE SYSTEM CACHING for DB2 on System z
Parent topic: Updating 2.5 databases
Updating IBM Connections 3.0.1
Updating 2.5 databases in-place
Updating 2.5 databases side-by-side
Updating 2.5 databases manually