To update a forum topic or reply that is waiting to be approved, send a moderation action entry in Atom format to the href attribute of the entry's rel=edit link. You can update the title, content and tag elements of the topic or reply only.
Only a person added to the global-moderator role of the Forums application can update the topic or reply. See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To update a forum topic or reply, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieving the Forums moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, find the collection with the <atom:category term="approval-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the topic or reply that you want to update, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a GET request to the URL that you noted in the previous step to retrieve the Atom document for the topic or reply.
- Edit the Atom document to make your changes.
Note: The only updates that will be applied are changes that you make to the title, content, and tag elements.
- Send a PUT request to the href of the rel=edit link to update it.
|PUT||forum topic or reply||Value of the href attribute of the <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the Post-moderated Entries feed||forum topic or reply|
Provide an Atom entry document representing the forum topic or reply.
The content type of the Atom entry document must be application/atom+xml.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the topic or reply was successfully updated. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Error codes
Parent topic: Working with forum topics and replies that are awaiting approval
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden: Authorization failed.
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found