Add a file to a community to share it with community members.
- Right-click a file name from Windows™ Explorer and select IBM Connections -> Add to Community.
Alternatively, you can drag a file from Windows Explorer or from the desktop and drop it into the File folder for the target community, or paste a file to the same destination.
Note: Dragging a file or pasting a file into a community directly uploads the file into the community instead of sharing it with the community.
- Click the arrow icon next to the Community field and select a community that you are a member of.
- Choose one of the following:
Click Upload to upload the file.
- Upload to community to upload to a selected community. Choose this option if you only intend to share a file with members of the community.
- Upload to My Files and share with community. Choose this option if you want to share with colleagues who are not members of the community as well as sharing with community members.
When you open the activity in IBM® Connections, your file is in the community.
Note: A file shared with or uploaded to a community inherits the visibility of that community. For example, if the community is public all files within the community are also automatically public.
If you want to add a file to a community that already displays in your IBM
Connections navigation pane, expand the community list so you can see the Files folder for the target community and drag in a file to upload it to the community.
Parent topic: Uploading files