Uploading a file to the Files applicationAdded by IBM | Edited by IBM on March 15, 2012 | Version 2 (Show original)
|Add files to IBM® Connections Files so that you can store them or share them with others.
Add files to IBM
® Connections Files so that you can store them or share them with others.
Before you begin
You must have at least Contributor access to add files to IBM
Parent topic: Uploading files
- Right-click a file name from Windows™ Explorer and select IBM Connections -> Add to Files.
Alternatively, you can drag a desktop file to My Files in the IBM Connections section of your Windows Explorer navigation pane or paste a file into the same section.
- Select any of the following choices:
|No one (visible only to me)||Make the file private. Only the owner can see and edit it.|
|People or Communities ||Share the file with specific people or a community. Perform these steps:
- Select a Person or a Community.
Note: To share with a public community you must be using Connections 3 or higher.
- Select the as Reader or as Editor access level:
- Readers can read or download a file. They can add files to folders to which they have Contributor access, be notified of changes to the file, and share the file with other people.
- Editors can read, edit, download, upload a new version, and set properties on the file. They can add files to folders to which they have Contributor access, be notified of changes to the file, and share it with other people.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
|Public (visible to everyone)||Make the file visible to everyone, even people who have not logged in.|
Note: An administrator can configure the system so that everyone must log in, or only a certain group of people can log in. In this case public files are only available to users who are able to log in.
- Click OK.