Edit configuration property settings to disable IBM
® Connections directory service extensions.
Before you begin
Be sure that you have configured the LDAP directory properly before you configure it to be the user directory. See Setting up federated repositories
for more details.
About this task
Connections directory service extensions are protocols that propagate Profiles data between the applications. When the directory service extension is enabled, you can use the Profiles database to store user information instead of having to access the LDAP directory for each request. If you install the Profiles application, the Profiles database is set up to be the user directory for IBM
Connections by default. If you decide that you want to use the LDAP directory as the user directory instead, you can disable the Profiles directory service extension.
When you disable the Profiles directory service extension, LDAP services handle authentication, group membership search, and all user profiles queries except browser based searches requested within the Profiles application.
Parent topic: Administering applications
Starting the wsadmin client
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager:
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you try to run will not execute properly. See Starting the wsadmin client
for more details.
- Use the wsadmin client to access and check out the Lotus® Connections configuration files.
- Enter the following command to access the IBM Connections configuration file: execfile("connectionsConfig.py")
If prompted to specify a service to connect to, type 1 to pick the first node in the list. Most commands can run on any node. If the command writes or reads information to or from a file using a local file path, you must pick the node where the file is stored. This information is not used by the wsadmin client when you are making configuration changes.
- Enter the following command to check out the IBM Connections configuration files:
- <working_directory> is the temporary working directory to which the configuration XML and XSD files are copied and are stored while you make changes to them. Use forward slashes to separate directories in the file path, even if you are using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
AIX and Linux only: The directory must grant write permissions or the command does not run successfully.
- <cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application. This argument is case-sensitive, so type it with care. If you do not know the cell name, type the following command while in the wsadmin command processor:print AdminControl.getCell()
- AIX or Linux:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("/opt/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Microsoft Windows:LCConfigService.checkOutConfig("c:/temp","foo01Cell01")
- Use the following command to disable the Profiles directory service extension:
- After making changes, you must check the configuration files back in and you must do so during the same wsadmin session in which you checked them out for the changes to take effect. See Applying common configuration property changes for information about how to save and apply your changes.