Use the Sametime
® task bar to change your Sametime
status and interact with the Sametime
application directly from IBM
Before you begin
task bar is only available when your administrator has enabled Sametime
integration through the Sametime client. When Sametime
presence awareness is enabled and you are logged in to IBM
Connections, the Sametime
task bar displays on the bottom right of every page in IBM
About this task
presence awareness enables you to see a person's online status and find out whether the person is available to chat, busy in a meeting, or away from their computer. When this feature is enabled, you can see a person's Sametime status on their profile page and in their profile business card.
task bar allows you to update your own status directly from any page in IBM
Connections and access options for interacting with the Sametime
Parent topic: IBM Connections overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Using the business card
- Use the Sametime task bar in the following ways:
- To update your status message, click the status message and select the status that you want to display to other users.
The text in the task bar is updated to display the status message that you choose.
- To disconnect from Sametime, click the status message and select Disconnect from Sametime from the task bar menu.
- To connect to Sametime, click the status message and select Connect to Sametime from the task bar menu.
- To open your Sametime contact list, click the chat bubble icon that displays at the end of the task bar.
You can add contacts, send instant messages, search for people, and much more from the dialog that displays. For more information about working with Sametime, click Help.