Use the business card to view peoples' contact details and get in touch with them.
About this task
The business card provides a useful snapshot of a user's profile information. In addition to displaying a job title and contact details, if your administrator has enabled IBM
® awareness, the card displays the user's current status information.
The business card provides links to the IBM
Connections applications that are used by the person and allows you to perform a number of actions. For example, if your administrator has configured email addresses to display, you can send an email, or you can start a chat session with them if you have installed the IBM
Connections plug-in for Sametime
- Access a person's business card by hovering over their name in any of the applications and clicking the link that is displayed.
- Use the business card to perform the following tasks:
Parent topic: IBM Connections overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Using the Sametime task bar
Adding people to your network
- Access the applications associated with a person by clicking the links at the top of the business card. For example, you can access the person's public file library and files that they have shared with you by clicking Files.
- Add the person as a colleague by selecting More Actions -> Invite to My Network, typing an invitation message, and clicking Send invitation.
- Download and save the person's vCard by selecting More Actions -> Download vCard, selecting a character encoding option, and clicking Download.
- Send the person an email by clicking Send E-mail.
This option is not available if your administrator has configured IBM Connections to prevent email addresses from being displayed.
- Start a chat session with the person by clicking Chat.
You must install the IBM Connections plug-in for Sametime for this option to display.
- Start a telephone conference call with the person by clicking Call.
You must install IBM Sametime Advanced Telephony for this option to display.