What's new in Profiles?Added by IBM | Edited by IBM on March 15, 2012 | Version 6 (Show original)
|Find out about the new and updated features designed to make it easier for you to reach out to people and make yourself known.
Find out about the new and updated features designed to make it easier for you to reach out to people and make yourself known.
There are no new features for Profiles in IBM
® Connections 3.0.1.
The following features are new or updated for Profiles in IBM
Parent topic: Profiles overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Welcome to Profiles
- Updates to the navigation allow you to navigate directly to any page in Profiles by clicking Profiles in the product navigation bar and selecting the page that you want to go to.
- You can now follow people that you are interested in to get their latest updates. Following people is a great way to keep up with their latest news updates and interests.
- The Profiles Home page has been replaced by the Directory page, which allows you to search your company's directory to find the people and expertise that you need. You can access the latest status updates from the people in your network and the people that you are following by going to the Home page and selecting Status Updates on the Updates tab.
- The Directory page also replaces the Profiles Advanced Search option that was available from the search control in previous releases. Use this page as your starting point when you want to perform a targeted search based on multiple search fields.
- Profiles provides enhanced social analytic information to help you find out what links you to the other people in your organization and to expand your social network. Use the Do You Know, Things in Common, and Who Connects Us widgets to help you decide if you want to connect with people, and to find out more about what you have in common with your colleagues.
- The availability of the new My Network page means that your network contacts are now just a click away.
- The design of the My Profile page has been enhanced. The twisties used in the previous release have been replaced by tabs, reducing the need for scrolling and making it easier for you to navigate between the different areas of your profile.
- Improvements to the profile editing experience mean that you can now edit your profile directly from your profile page. Point to your profile photo and click the icon that displays to update your profile photo. Click Edit My Profile to access options for updating your contact information, background details, and other areas of your profile. The process for saving profile changes has also been improved.
- When users leave the organization, the administrator can set their status to inactive. When you view the profile of inactive users, they are flagged as inactive, and their profile photo is no longer available.