Find out about the new and updated features designed to make the Home page easier for you to use.
There are no new features for the Home page in IBM
® Connections 3.0.1.
The following features are new or updated for the Home page in IBM
Parent topic: Home page overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
- The navigation on the Updates tab has moved to the side of the page, where new filtering options are available to make it easier for you to keep up with the latest updates.
- Each of the sections on the Updates tab now has a separate URL so you can bookmark the sections that interest you most and navigate directly to them later.
- The My Page tab is now called the Widgets tab. The functionality of the page is the same, and you can still add and remove widgets as before, only the name has changed.
- The Getting Started tab provides an introduction to IBM Connections and helps you to get started with the product. Use this tab when you are a new or inexperienced user and you want to familiarize yourself with the different applications.
- The Recommendations widget on the Updates tab suggests content from the different applications that might interest you. Use the recommendations to help you to expand your network and find content that is relevant to you.
- You can follow people and content to get the latest updates. The concept of following replaces the watchlist that was available from the Home page in previous releases. Select News Feed on the Updates tab to access the latest updates for the people and content that you are following.
- The My To-Do List widget has changed from a calendar format to a list format, making it easy for you to quickly scan your to-do items and prioritize them as needed.
- Any URLs provided in status updates are now linked so that you can access them at a single click.