You can replace or delete the file attachments that you add to forum threads.
Before you begin
To edit attachments in a stand-alone forum, you must be the person who uploaded the attachment, the forum owner, or the Forums administrator. In a community forum, only the community owner or the person who uploaded an attachment can edit that attachment.
About this task
When you create or respond to a discussion topic, you can share attachments with other people in the discussion. Adding attachments can be a useful way to include supplemental information that is too long to cover in the body of your message. If you want to delete or replace the attachment at a later stage, you can do so by editing your message. You can also upload additional attachments as needed.
To work with file attachments, follow these steps.
- Open the topic containing the attachment that you want to work with.
- Click Edit under the post that you want to edit and do one of the following:
Click Save to save your changes.
- To replace a file with an updated version, click Replace next to the file, click Browse to locate the file you want to add instead, and then click OK.
- To remove a file from the post, click Remove next to the file.
- To add another attachment, click Attach a File, click Browse to select the location of the file, and then click OK.
Parent topic: Forums overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Adding forum topics
Editing forum topics
Responding to forum topics
You can download the attachments that you and other people add to forum posts to your local computer.