To delete a comment from a blog posting, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Only the owner of a blog or an administrator can delete a comment from it. Deleted comments cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To delete a comment, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve the Blogs service document. See Retrieving the Blogs service document.
- In the service document, locate the workspace for the blog, locate the Comment Entries Atom collection within the workspace, and then copy the web address in the href attribute of the Comments collection.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the comment entry that you want to delete, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a DELETE request to the web address of the edit link of the comment that you noted in the previous step.
|Method||Resource||URI||Input and output representations|
|DELETE||comment||Value of the href attribute of <link> element that contains a rel="edit" attribute value for each entry in the feed retrieved from the Comments Atom publishing collection address located in the blog's workspace in the Blogs service document.||none|
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the blog comment was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).Error codes
Parent topic: Commenting on blog posts
Blogs comment content
Retrieving the Blogs service document
Blogs service document content
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found