To delete a community file that is waiting to be approved, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Only people in the global-moderator role of the Files application can delete a community file awaiting approval. Deleted files cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To delete a file awaiting approval, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieving the Files moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, locate the workspace with the <category term="documents-moderation" .../> child element, and then find the collection with the <atom:category term="approval-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the entry that you want to delete, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a DELETE request to the web address of the edit link of the entry that you noted in the previous step.
|Method||URI||Input and output representations|
|DELETE||Value of the href attribute of the rel="edit" <link> representing the entry in the Entry Approval feed.||none|
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the file entry was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).Error codes
Parent topic: Working with community files that are awaiting approval
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found