To delete a forum topic or reply that is waiting to be approved, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Only a person added to the global-moderator role of the Forums application can delete an topic or reply awaiting approval. Deleted topics and replies cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To delete a forum topic or reply awaiting approval, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieving the Forums moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, find the collection with the <atom:category term="approval-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the topic or reply that you want to delete, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a DELETE request to the web address of the edit link of the topic or reply that you noted in the previous step.
|Method||URI||Input and output representations|
|DELETE||Value of the href attribute of the rel="edit" <link> representing the entry in the Post-moderated Entries feed||none|
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates that the forum topic or reply was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).Error codes
Parent topic: Working with forum topics and replies that are awaiting approval
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found