To remove a photo from a profile, use the HTTP DELETE
You can only remove the image file from a profile if you are the profile owner or an administrator. See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To remove a photo from a profile, complete the following steps:
- Get the service document for the person's profile. See Retrieving the Profiles service document.
- Get the URI of the profiles feed which is specified in the href attribute of the collection element in the service document and use it to get the profiles feed for the person.
- Find the <link rel="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/image" .../> element returned in the feed. For example:
- Send a DELETE request to the web address specified in the href attribute.
By default, Profiles provides a generic image for users who have deleted or not added a photo to their profile.
Table 1. Atom API request details
|Method||Resource||URI||Input and output representations|
|DELETE||image file ||Found in the href attribute of <link rel="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/image" .../> element in the user's profiles feed.||none|
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Indicates activity was successfully deleted (and no content is returned).Errors
Parent topic: Working with profile photos
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden: Authorization failed.
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found