If you have not already vote an idea, you can do so by sending a request to the web address of the recommendations collection for the idea.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Value of the href attribute of the <app:collection> element that has a child <title> element with a value of Recommendations in the blog entry.
To unvote an idea, complete the following steps:
- To find out whether you have already vote an idea, retrieve a list of the people who have voted the idea and see if your name is included. See Getting a list of recommenders for more details. Alternatively, complete the following steps:
- Retrieve an ideas feed that contains the entry. See Getting a feed of the latest posts added to all blogs or Getting a feed of recent posts for a blog for more information.
- Find the Recommendations collection element for the idea, and then look for a element. If this element is present,you can vote this idea. If no is present, you have not vote the idea yet ,you can't unvote it. For example, the Recommendations collection for an idea that you have voted would look as follows:
<app:categories fixed="yes" />
2. To unvote an idea, send an empty DELETE request to the web address listed as the href of the app:collection.
Returned HTTP Header
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the recommendation was successfully created. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Error codes
Getting a list of recommenders
Vote an idea
- When the user has not authenticated, we will send back 400 Unauthorized
- When the user has already voted or has reached the allowing limit, we will send back 403 Forbidden with a proper message
- When the request failed, we will send back 500 Internal Server Error with message if possible
- PUT won't be supported, in this case we will send back 405 Method Not Allowed