About this task
If your administrator has enabled email notifications for the Profiles application, when people add you to their network, they generate an email message inviting you to join their network. The email contains a link to the My Network page, where you can accept or decline the invitation.
If email notifications are not enabled for your deployment, you can access invitations directly from the My Network page.
To accept a network invitation, complete the following steps:
- Open the invitation by doing one of the following:
Accept or ignore the invitation.
- If email notifications are enabled, you can click the link provided in the email invitation to open the My Network page.
- Select Invitations from the My Network page.
Parent topic: Adding people to your network
Deleting people from your network
Viewing network contacts
- To accept the invitation and join the inviter's network, click Accept.
Note: You can also click the inviter’s name and accept the invitation from their profile page.
- To ignore the invitation and delete it from the Invitations tab, click Ignore.
Note: When you ignore an invitation, the inviter does not receive notification of your action.