Adding a bookmark from a web page to a communityAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the bookmark button control provided by IBM® Connections to add the Add Bookmark button to your web browser. Then, when you visit a web page that you want to bookmark, you can click the button to add that page as a bookmark to your community.
Before you begin
Before adding a bookmark to a community using the Add Bookmark
button, you must add the button control to your web browser. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Click Bookmarking Tools in the IBM Connections footer.
- Follow the instructions in the page to add the Add Bookmark button to your web browser.
To add a bookmark to a community from the web site that you want to bookmark, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Adding bookmarks to a community
- From a web page that you want to bookmark for a community, click Add Bookmark.
- Edit the name of the web site that displays in the Title field if necessary.
- If you need to edit the URL of the bookmark, make the necessary changes to the contents of the URL field.
This field is automatically populated when you open the Add Bookmark form.
- Add one or more tags that describe the content of the bookmark link in the Tags field.
- Type a description that reflects the content of the bookmark in the Description field.
- To specify the community to which you want to add the bookmark, from the Add to Communities tab, select a community from the list displayed in the Community field.
- Select Add to important bookmarks to add the link to the list of important bookmarks on the community's Overview page.
Note: You can add a maximum of 100 important bookmarks to a community.
- If you want to prompt a discussion of the bookmark with your fellow community members, enter a message in the Message for discussion field.
- Click Save to add the bookmark to the community