Adding a bookmark to an activityAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the bookmark control provided by IBM® Connections to add an Add Bookmark button to your web browser. After the button is added to your browser, when you find a web page that you want to add to an activity, you can click the button to add it as a bookmark to an existing activity.
Before you begin
Before adding a bookmark to an activity using the button, you must add the bookmark control to your browser. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Under Tools in the IBM Connections footer, click How to Bookmark.
- Follow the instructions on the page to add the Add Bookmark button to the toolbar of your web browser.
About this task
To add a bookmark from a web page, complete the following steps:
Parent topic: What is an entry?
- From the web page that you want to add as a bookmark to an activity, click the Add Bookmark button.
- Edit the Title and Description fields to reflect the content of the bookmark.
- In the Tags field, type a tag term. Separate multiple tags with commas.
A tag is a single-word label or keyword that you associate with the bookmark to help you identify it and find it later.
- To specify the activity to which to add the bookmark, click the Add to Activities tab, and then select the activity from the list displayed in the Activity field.
- Optional: If you want to hide the bookmark from the other activity members, select Private.
- Optional: If you want to add an additional description for the bookmark, add it in the Additional description field.
- Click Save to add the bookmark to the activity.