Adding bookmarks to IBM Connections from Word documentsAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add bookmarks to IBM® Connections from URLs in Word documents.
Before you begin
To perform these steps you must be connected to an IBM Connections site. For more information, see Connecting to an IBM Connections site
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office
- Open the document.
- Click the IBM Connections tab.
- If there is a URL in the document you want to create the bookmark for, highlight it.
If you don’t highlight a URL you will have to type it in when you create a bookmark.
- Click Bookmark URL in, and then select one of the following:
|Bookmarks|| To add a bookmark in Bookmarks, select an IBM Connections site, then fill out the fields for the bookmark. Select Make Bookmark Public to create a bookmark that everyone can access. Leave it deselected to create a bookmark that only you can access.|
|A Community||To add a bookmark to a community, select an IBM Connections site. Then start typing a community name and select or search on it. Or use the arrow icon to select from lists. Fill out the fields for the bookmark. Select Add to important bookmarks to add the bookmark to the important bookmarks list in the community.|
|An Activity||Do one of the following:
- Click Browse to find an existing activity. Then either select My activities and choose from the list of activities you own or are a member of. The list includes community activities. Or select Search, then type characters to use to search for activities. The results include community activities. Then click OK.
- Click Create new activity, then:
- Type a name, tags and a goal for the activity.
- Optionally add a due date.
- Add people or communities as members with specified access.
- Click Create.