Adding documents to ActivitiesAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents to the IBM® Connections activities.
Before you begin
To perform these steps you must be connected to an IBM Connections site. For more information, see Connecting to an IBM Connections site
About this task
This topic provides one way to add Microsoft
Office documents to IBM Connections. You can also add documents from the File
tab in Office applications by clicking Save & Send
and then Send to IBM Connections
- Open the document.
- Click the IBM Connections tab.
- Click Activities.
- If you connect to more than one IBM Connections site, select a site to upload the document to.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Browse to find an existing activity, then do one of the following:
Click Create new activity, then:
- Select My activities and choose from the list of activities you own or are a member of. The list includes community activities.
- Select Search, then type characters to use to search for activities. The results include community activities.
- Click OK.
If you are adding the document as a To Do item, by default, the task is assigned to Anyone (shared), meaning any member of the activity can perform the task, and then check it off after it has been completed. To assign the to-do item to a specific member, click Choose a person, and then perform one of the following actions:
- Type a name, tags and a goal for the activity.
- Optionally add a due date.
- Add people or communities as members with specified access.
- Click Create.
Add a due date.
Change the title, and add tags, a description, and new section.
- Standard activity:
- To assign the to-do entry to a specific person, select Individual activity members, and then select the persons name from the list. To find people, scroll through the alphabetic list of names or type a person's name into the Type to filter this list field.
- If the activity has been shared with a community, then you can assign the to-do item to a community member by selecting Community: community_name where community_name is the name of the community, and then selecting the persons name from the list.
- If a person is a member of a group that belongs to the activity, then you must add the person as an individual activity member before you can add them.
- Community activity to which all community members were added:
- Select the persons name from the list. To find people, scroll through the alphabetic list of names or type a person's name into the Type to filter this list field.
- Community activity to which only a subset of community members were added:
- Select Individual activity members, and then select the persons name from the list. To find people, scroll through the alphabetic list of names or type a person's name into the Type to filter this list field.
- To assign the to-do entry to a community owner, select community_name (community owners) where community_name is the name of the community, and then select the owners name from the list.
Typeahead for the Tags and Section fields returns matches as you type if you want to keep tags and section names consistent.
Mark the to do as private if you do not want other members to see it.
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office