Adding forum topicsAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Start a discussion with the people in your organization by creating a forum topic. Anyone who can access Forums can view the new topic.
To add a topic to a forum, complete the following steps.
- From the My Forums or Public Forums page, open the forum to which you want to add the topic.
- Click Start a Topic.
- Enter the title of the discussion topic in the Title field.
- To flag your topic as a question, select Mark this topic as a question.
- To tag the topic, enter one or more tags in the Tags field.
Tags are keywords that you define to help users identify what a topic is all about. Tags must be a single word or multiple words connected with underscores or hyphens.
- Enter your topic content in the rich text field provided. Be as descriptive as possible. Remember that you want to start a discussion, so include relevant information to interest other people and get them involved.
- To attach a file to your message, click Attach a File, click Browse to select the location of the file, and then click OK.
- Click Save to save your topic.
If forum topics are moderated in your deployment, the topic does not display immediately. The forum moderator must approve the topic content first. If content moderation is not enabled, the topic displays immediately.
Parent topic: Using
Editing forum topics
Moving forum topics
Flagging forum content as inappropriate
Deleting forum topics
Responding to forum topics
Working with attachments