About this task
This procedure describes the basic steps for adding property labels to the IBM
® Connections interface in English. For details on adding and editing IBM
Connections labels, including editing in languages other than English, see Customizing product strings
Parent topic: Creating custom media gallery object types
Customizing product strings
Creating fields for custom media gallery object types
- On the IBM Connections server, open the Files.ear/share.services.jar file, and navigate to com\ibm\lconn\files\strings. Copy the cmis.properties file.
- Paste the file into the<customization_dir>/strings directory.
The default location on Windows™ is: C:\IBM\Lotus_Connections\data\shared\customization\strings. Rename the file to com.ibm.lconn.files.strings.cmis.properties.
- Add new property labels as key-value pairs.
- Restart the Files application.
- Clear your browser cache and check the results.
- To force the web browsers of all IBM Connections users to refresh all cached content and display your changes, see Step 6 in Customizing product strings.