Adding links to your profileAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add external web site links to your profile page to share them with others.
Before you begin
About this task
You can add your favorite web sites, such as social networking sites or industry web sites, to the My Links
area of your profile. For example, you might want to include a link to your twitter feed, public blog, or your profile on Facebook or LinkedIn so that you and your colleagues can easily access your social data from your profile page.
To add a link to the My Links
area in your profile, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Updating your profile
- From your My Profile page, click Add Link in the My Links area.
- Enter a name for the link in the Name field.
The text you enter here is displayed in the My Links area as the hypertext link. For example, if the link goes to your LinkedIn profile, you might enter "My LinkedIn profile."
- Type or paste in the web address of the page you want to link to into the Link field, and then click Save.
For example, you can copy one of the following types of web addresses and paste it into the Link field:
- Twitter feed. From your Twitter settings, find the public profile web address, such as http://twitter.com/myusername.
- LinkedIn profile. From your profile in LinkedIn, find the public profile web address, such as http://www.linkedin.com/pub/my-name/8/234/a05.
- Facebook profile. Open your profile in Facebook, and then copy the web address in the browser location bar, such as http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=000000000000000.
To improve the readability of the web address for your profile, you can go to your account settings and create a Facebook user name, which gets used in the profile web address: http://www.facebook.com/username.