Adding members to a standard activityAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|To give a person access to a standard activity, you can add the person as a member. You must be an author or an owner of an activity to add members. An author can add readers and other authors. An owner can add members in any role.
About this task
You can add multiple people at once if the people are members of a group that exists in the company directory or if they are members of a community. If no existing group or community is applicable and there are too many people to add them each one-by-one, then contact your administrator. Administrators can grant a set of people access to an activity using wsadmin commands. Be sure to tell the administrator the web address of the activity and the email addresses of the people that you want to have added to it. If the product is configured to hide email addresses, provide the login names of each person instead.
If you add a person who is already a member of the activity, the new membership entry overwrites the original entry.
To add a member to an activity, complete the following steps:
- From the My Activities view, open an activity.
- Click Members from the navigation pane to open the Members view.
- Click Add Members.
- Select Person, Group, or Community from the Members drop-down list.
- If you want to add a member to a role other than the default role of Author, click the down-arrow next to the Author field, and then select Owner or Reader. The access level options are defined as follows:
Can view content and add entries.Owner
Can add content, view and edit all entries, and manage the membership of the activity. Reader
As the creator of the activity, you are automatically added as an owner.
Cannot contribute to an activity; access is restricted to only viewing content.
- Begin typing the name of the community or the name or email address of the person you want to add into the text field. Alternatively, you can search for a particular group by clicking Browse Groups, and then entering a keyword for the group and clicking Find Groups. Click the group you want and then click Add. If the group contains nested groups within it, you can either add the parent group or select a nested group. Use the breadcrumb trail to switch between levels of nested groups
Note: If the product is configured to hide email addresses, then no matches are returned when you type an email address into the field; type person's name instead.
As you type, a list of matching names is displayed. Click a name in the list to add that person or community. If the person you want to add is not listed, search the directory for her.
- Repeat this step to add additional members.
- When you are finished adding members to the activity, click Save.
The server sends an email message or sends a notification to the Updates tab of the Home page application to each new member, notifying them about the activity.
Parent topic: Membership roles
What's new in Activities?
Managing member access to activities