About this task
You can invite people to join your network by sending them an invitation.
You do not need to be in Profiles to add someone to your network. You can connect to people directly from the profile business card in any of the IBM
® Connections applications. For example, if a person's profile is returned as part of search results, or if you are members of the same community as someone and you want to add them to your network, you can do so using the business card.
To add someone to your network, do the following:
- Search for the person’s profile, and then open it.
- Click Invite to My Network.
If you are not already logged in to the Profiles application, you are directed to log in.
- Accept the default message or enter a message of your own inviting the person to join your network.
- Enter keywords that define how you are connected to the person in the Add tags for name field.
- If you want updates from this person to display on your Home page and in an email summary of updates, click Also Follow.
- Click Send invitation.
The person you have invited to join your network receives notification that you have invited them to join your network. If they accept your invitation, they are added to your My Network page, and the Invite to My Network
link is changed to Remove From Network
when you next view their profile pages. There is no notification to let you know when people accept or reject an invitation to join your network.
Accepting network invitationsParent topic: Using
Accept invitations to join other people’s networks. When you accept an invitation, the inviter is added to your network as well.
Viewing network contacts
Want to see who's connected to who? Use Profiles to view a person's network contacts or check if someone is already part of your network.
Deleting people from your network
When people move or leave your organization, you can remove them from your network.